Home

Hard drive not showing up in BIOS boot options

From everything I've read it appeared that my computer should recognize the new hard drive automatically, but it is not doing that and is not booting up. When I go into the boot options in the Phoenix BIOS, it only lists: F10 and F12 Delay (sec), CD-ROM Boot [Enabled], Floppy Boot [Enabled], and Internal Network Adapter Boot [Disabled] If when you turn on your Windows 10 computer and it fails to boot successfully and you access the BIOS/UEFI and notice that the disk drive (HDD/SSD) is not showing or listed on the boot menu, then.

Enable Hard Drive in BIOS Applies to: Fix HDD not detected in BIOS error directly by enabling hard disk in BIOS. Step 1. Shut down the PC and restart the PC and press F2/F8/F11 or Delete to enter BIOS In the BIOS setup menu, select the Boot tab and press Enter. Check the boot order and make sure your PC's hard drive is in the first slot. If not, swap the order of boot devices so that your hard drive is first. Highlight Boot Mode, press Enter, and swap from UEFI to Legacy Support Out of the 4 drives, only 2 showed in Boot Priority which are my OS SSD and my optical drive. My 2 other hard disk drives were not showed up in the boot priority, but it does showed up in boot menu, SATA Information on the EZ Mode tab, Boot Override tab in the Advanced Mode, and Hard Drive BBS Priorities I suspected somehow the boot order got mixed up, so I went into the BIOS only to find that both my SSD and HDD do not show up in the boot order dialogue. I found this weird, but even weirder is that if I hold f11 on boot and boot from all of my drives appear, and I can boot normally from my SSD

When you boot your PC with the BIOS set to UEFI mode, then be sure to select the W8 boot media in the boot menu designated by EFI. Once you do that then W8 will create the required partitions and the hard drive will be formatted as GPT. HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112 HP Envy 17, i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x6 That would then not report to a system post the hard drive as available. Is the laptop still able to get to the BIOS ? if I have understood you right I would personally use a bootable USB drive and set the BIOS to allow to boot from USB. if that will boot for you then it could well be a simple case of a replacement hard drive Booted Ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64 image from usb drive in UEFI mode. Installed without errors. And I'm having the same problem of the system not recognizing the install. Just boots into bios every time. So far I have checked the following: In BIOS eMMC is present. In BIOS no operating system shows on Hard Disk at Boot options - just Hard Disk

BIOS missing internal hard drive boot option - Microsoft

1. Alright. I go into BIOS but under BOOT, the SSD doesn't show up. I can only see my bootable Windows USB which is set to Boot Priority #1. If the SSD is disabled, I can't enable the drive because the bios is SO bare bones that I can't Change SATA Controller Mode as there is no option like that in the BIOS
  2. If the hard drive does not show up in BIOS, gather as much information about your PC as you can and write it down. Such as the model and manufacturer of the drive, the manufacturer of the computer or motherboard, and the BIOS manufacturer as well as the version. The latter can often be found splashed across the screen when you first boot the PC
  3. @Anonymous the USB Boot Device in the full BIOS Setup (F2) is just a generic entry. That doesn't appear or disappear based on whether you have a USB boot device connected at the time you access that menu. The F12 menu is dynamically populated based on what boot options are actually available at that time
  4. Re: UEFI boot sequence empty, hard drive not showing The problem is that the UEFI boot loader needs to be rebuilt, either manually (see the first link I posted) or by reloading Windows (the second link). Until that's rebuilt, the system won't find a bootable drive
  5. The hard drive you are trying to boot from should show up in the BIOS Advanced mode under Boot/Hard Drive BBS Properties. Click on Boot Option 1 and see if it is listed. If it is, select it. If it is not listed, your only option is to flash Bios version 2104
  6. I would like to install a Boot Manager on the secondary drive and need it to appear as an option in the BIOS Boot sequence. It is not showing up. The secondary drive is visible in Windows Explorer as drive D, and it can be seen as active and online by Computer Manager
  7. Re: Hdd show in hard drive menu in bios but not in boot priority. Let me explain step by step. 1 - I bought new pc. 5 - I checked BIOS. 8 - I figured that there is no HDD in boot menu when pressing F12. 9 - Boot priority menu has ONLY, LAN boot and DVD boot option

Anyways, I managed to install, and boot from the NVME drive with that setting set to Legacy/UEFI, even though it still doesn't show up in the Boot options as a drive, only as a Windows Boot something, I cant remember the exact name, but it boots. I tried doing the same thing with it set to UEFI only, but then it keeps booting into the USB drive Later when the cloning was complete my system was shut down, then I went to my BIOS to change the sequence in the boot options but strangely the Samsung 970 Evo Plus didn't show up on the list of available boot drives to change the boot priority. I could only see the windows boot manager for my preinstalled hard disk on the boot options If your hard disk is not being detected in BIOS, it is possible that the drive has not been set up yet. To set up the drive, follow the steps below. 'Restart' your computer and press the 'F2' key or any key according to your PC Note: Different PC manufacturers use different keys to enter the system BIOS Place Windows disk in your system and boot from it. Now, tap on Repair your computer after selecting the language, time, and keyboard input. choose the Windows installation drive, which is C:\ most of the time, and click Next. Choose command prompt when you see system recovery options on the screen

Hard Drive not showing up on Boot Menu - The Windows Clu

Hard Disk Not Detected (Windows & BIOS): How to Fix Hard

Veteran. 3. First, Check what format the M.2 drive is in. UEFI bios won't see an NTFS drive as a bootable device. The bios will see it, but it's not something you can boot from. Unless I'm mistaken, it needs to be in FAT32 to be bootable via UEFI. But most OS installs are smart enough to only install on properly formatted drives When I open the BIOS and check under boot devices my SSD doesn't show up, however if I go to boot override I can boot off my SSD. I have ignored it for a while because I am still able to boot and everything is fine, but it is kind of annoying having to go into the BIOS and do a boot override every time I boot Personally, I am not familiar with your specific computer but it's hard for me to accept there is no USB drive option to boot from. However, due to Win 10, Secure Boot technology and UEFI, there is some tricks. . Additionally, in the BIOS it be called USB hard drive and not USB pen drive So I got my adapter for SATA to USB and plugged in an external hard drive which allowed me to update the bios this is where it gets kinda funny. I think at some point I must have changed the boot setting from UEFI to Legacy which for some reason makes the drive not show up in the BIOS. This was... - Lenovo Yoga-900-13ISK The other drives do not appear at all, which includes the SSD the Win 10 is installed on. So what I need to do is press F12 (boot options), and then it becomes visible and I can boot to my SSD. I would have to do this ever-single-reboot as its not set in bios as the #1 boot option

[SOLVED] Boot Device Missing How to Fix an Inaccessible

1. My problem is that I have a standard (CSM, Legacy) Windows 10 installation so EasyUEFI doesn't not works, it displays a message that only works in UEFI. I have been experimented with MacOS X and I have one or two UEFI boot entries I want to delete. My motherboard is Asus P8H61 s1155 and I haven't seen in BIOS any option to delete these entries
  2. Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to Press any key to boot from DVD, do so. If you don't see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB
  3. In Step 4, we set the first boot device to the CD-ROM Drive as an example. As you can see in the screenshot above, the computer is attempting to boot from the CD but is asking for a confirmation first. This only happens on some bootable CDs and will not show up when booting to Windows or other operating systems on a hard drive
  4. Maybe we need to disable the setting like Fast Boot or Secure boot or other similar name in BIOS, the BIOS settings are different depending on the model of the machine, we can search it online if we can find the setting. Then we may see legacy boot (it is also called MBR boot) and UEFI boot. We go to see if HDD will show up in BIOS Boot.
  5. Solution 1: Enable drive in BIOS. If your hard disk is not being detected in BIOS, it is possible that the drive has not been set up yet. To set up the drive, follow the steps below. 'Restart' your computer and press the 'F2' key or any key according to your PC. Note: Different PC manufacturers use different keys to enter the system BIOS
Redundant Firewalls with PF and CARP

My hard disk drives not showing up in boot priorit

Hard drives not showing up as boot options on MSI X570 Gaming. I just upgraded my system with a 5800X and MSI X57O Gaming motherboard. Carried over the same 32GB Corsair RAM kit from my prev build (was an MSI B450 board, ram is on QVL for both) and the same PSU, drives, GPU etc. I'm unable to boot past BIOS however SInce i have setup the BIOS to boot from USB harddrive, the main issue I have is that in Boot manager, the boot from USB harddrive does not even show up..... Here:-----Boot Manager. Notebook Hard Drive. Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive . Press F10 to BIOS setup Options screen. Esc to exit----- So the Boot Manager not recognizing I have setupto boot.

Hard Drives not showing up in boot order Tom's Hardware

That's really strange how ubuntu shows up in your boot menu then. On my Lenovo ThinkPad W520, the ubuntu entry (looks exactly like your picture) only shows up in UEFI mode. If I change the BIOS settings to the legacy BIOS compatibility mode, it doesn't show up. - Andrew Gunnerson Aug 15 '11 at 14:2 Download: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive Format a USB stick with FAT32 then extract the ISO to the stick using 7-zip. Boot up with the USB. Open Admin command prompt on the bottom left and type: diskpart select disk 0 select partition 1 format fs=fat32 quick exit From Macrium screen, click on fix Windows Boot problems Click Next Reboo

Solved: HDD not found/detected when Boot in UEFI mode - HP

Hi there, I am wondering if someone can help me work out why my internal hard drives aren't showing up in the BIOS. When I enable the RAID controller and set up an array they are detected and placed online, but if I remove the RAID array they do not show up in the BIOS as a device from which I can boot from I am able to boot from the USB drive connected to the console dongle and it finds the virtual disk and loads the OS. When I try to install again, it informs me that it recognizes that the installation already exists. It's just a matter of getting it to boot from that disk. It looks like the BIOS can see the RAID card, but no option to boot from it I finally got the system to recognize the USB drive by burning it with Balena Etcher (other methods of burning the .iso file to the USB drive made a drive that the boot menu didn't recognize). That allowed me to boot into a live Ubuntu, but the hard drive I wanted to install on didn't show up

Computer can't get past BIOS, and doesn't have any boot

1. 8. Previously, before formatting the hard drive, I upgraded to the latest BIOS version 208 but that did no reveal any boot options. 9. Yes, I have disabled secure boot. There are no options for selecting legacy boot. 10. So now, I cannot boot to any device, even the SSD hard drive is not listed under boot options, all I get is the BIOS
  2. BUT If I go to the Bios Boot page, the SSD is nowhere in the boot priority list, so I cannot make it the default boot drive. I know I could format the old drive and hope that once it is not bootable, the SSD will show up, but, for a while at least I would like to keep the old drive as is, so that in case something goes wrong with the SSD, I.
  3. Looks like the drive letters are also abit messed up. First step then as a test. Go into BIOS and then the BOOT tab, then disable the CSM. Reboot machine and see if you can see either of the hard drives. If not then we now know the HD's are in MBR format, not GPT. If that is the case, then the same applies. Active partition and C drive need to.
  4. My problems was that i installed windows after creating a new volume of my m.2 & it caused my bios to not detect it as a possible boot drive. So i formated my m.2, deleted the volume & reinstalled windows. After that it was working again. I don't know if it's the same problem, but i hope it helps
  5. There are various reasons of BIOS not detecting the internal hard disk. Few of them are follows: 1. Drive not enabled in the BIOS 2. Faulty or unplugged data cable 3. Serial ATA drivers are not properly installed Drive not enabled in the BIOS: Mos..
  6. External cd drive not showing up in boot menu - Best answers; bios not recognising cd drive can mean only 2 things, either ur bios is corrupt (can be flashed with software) sir I tried the way u hve told here but still the boot menu is not showing the cd driver option to accept formatting, I hv also checked all bios & restore settings.
HP dc7800p boot up from usb failure | Tom's Hardware Forum

SSD not recognized by BIOS. I recently purchased a SK hynix Gold P31 1TB PCIe NVMe to replace the existing 256gb SSD (also SK hynix) in my Flex 14IWL (81SQ). I cloned the existing drive, replaced it, and tried to boot. The drive did not show up as a recognized boot media. In BIOS, it also did not show a hard drive as being detected Most often, only the keyboard is used for control - the up, down, left, right, TAB, Enter, plus, minus, F1, F10 keys. Sometimes other keys will be used as well; the full list of those keys is usually displayed at the bottom of the BIOS settings screen. In UEFI, you can use mouse and keyboard both. Having defined the controls, go to the BOOT menu Hi all, We just recently received a C220 M3 1.5.3b which will serve as a VM for Cisco servers. I am having trouble getting the machine to detect the hard drive I added. It is not even showing the hard drive in the boot option in BIOs. I looked at some of the related topic and found this document: h.. Make sure that your device recognizes the external hard drive. Step 2: In the Windows main menu, click the option of power to restart your device. Step 3: While your device is in process of restarting, press the BIOS key repeatedly. Step 4: Your device with a restart in and the BIOS menu will appear on the screen Step 1: Turn on your computer and press F2 button to switch to BIOS mode. Step2. Click BIOS Setup Utility option bar and select Advanced BIOS Features. Step3. Highlight Hard Disk Boot Priority area simply check or reset your bootable hard disk on top of the boot device list. Step4. Press Esc to re-start your computer

BIOS does not show EMMC in boot options — upcommunit

Google was not much help with this problem. If a drive doesn't show up in the BIOS, chances are that something isn't plugged in properly. Also, your boot load order probably is prioritizing your HDD, so it might need to be re-ordered as well. Usually have to go in BIOS and change the default boot order. Often times there is a sub-menu as well. Step 2. Fix disk boot failure via BIOS settings. Choose the Boot option and change the order to set your hard disk as the first one. Save your changes and then restart your computer to apply. BIOS change is the first option when your computer hard drive is getting stuck in bad sectors or problematic boot. Solution 2: Run Chkdsk to Fix Disk. When I hit delete at the start up to change my boot options nothing happens except the screen goes black. If you can now get into the bios, check and see if your hard drive are being detected.

The Boot Menu Screen offers choices to boot from one of them is Hard Disk. No clue that this option might lead to something else is visible. If there a bootable USB stick plugged in when I power up, it will show when I select Hard Disk, but if there is not, only the main HD shows, and there is no clue that plugging in a USB stick would. 1. BIOS looks up for the boot code on the fist device: physical hard drive, partition 2. 2. The boot code successfully executes and points to partition 4 on that hard drive. It looks like the boot code does not point to the boot manager on the partition 1 within the VHD drive F12, select the recovery disk, esc to boot, windows loads files fairly quickly, screen with cursor and install windows menu comes up fine. Select language, country, input, etc. Select the repair your computer option in bottom-left (beneath install now and what to know before) Here I get the System Recovery Options window with an empty list with.

If you boot with a UEFI capable flash drive and your bios is set up to see the UEFI option, it should show up as a boot option. If it is not, something is not set correctly. Possibly, in your case the red flashing lights might indicate something wrong on the motherboard In AHCI mode, the drives hooked up to the SATA ports will not be reported by the standard POST routines. Instead, a supplimentary AHCI BIOS will load, and then it should show the drives being enumerated. At least, that's the way that my P35-DS3R boards work Then check the option labeled Primary Hard Drive. If it is none, then computer does not detect the connected hard drive. Then, shut off computer and unplug power cable so that you can remove anything connected to the computer such as hard drive, USB drives, mouse, etc. and put back all hardware to see whether the problem can be solved

SOLVED: SSD Not showing up in bios but is visible inside

1. BIOS Is not showing my Boot drive SSD but it does recognize the 2TB Storage HDD. When I check the SATA it shows that its Active and it shows the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB but its not showing in the BOOT option in BIOS. I don't have a clue what to do. Everything works fine. Being using the Computer with no issues for 3 months now. No idea what I can do
  2. Press the Minus (-) key and the setting next to External Drive Boot: will change to Enabled . In the Phoenix TrustedCore (tm) Setup Utility window, press the RIGHT ARROW until the Exit menu is selected. On the Exit menu, verify Exit Setup is selected and press the Enter key. In the Setup Confirmation dialog box, press the Enter key
  3. There are four main reasons why a system BIOS will not detect the presence of an internal Solid State Drive. The following are not in any particular order, but you can follow these steps one by one to troubleshoot this problem: 1. Drive not enable..

Typically this is how dual-boot or multi-boot systems are set up. 3: Sadly, some BIOSes are bad at this. Sometimes any connected USB drive, whether it has an operating system on it or not, will be enough to cause the BIOS to try to boot from it and then fail. Share on Twitter I then used UNetbootin to mount the ISO file to a USB Drive and rebooted, changing my Bios to boot from the USB. Linuxmint 16 then boots, I then click install linux Mint on the Desktop. It allows me to choose the language and the next screen relating to the preparation of installing linux (Disk Space, Power Souce and Internet) The Anaconda installer includes a range of boot options for administrators, which modify the default behavior of the installation program by enabling or disabling certain functions. To use one or more boot options, you either have to boot from installation media and append these options at the boot menu (see The Boot Menu), or you must add them into your PXE server configuration file if you. In Disk Management, just turn on the desired hard drive and save all the changes. The next time you boot, the drive will definitely be detected. If this doesn't work, you should not be upset, since there are still enough options for correcting them. Method 3. Drivers aren't enabled. When installing the OS, sometimes motherboard drivers are. You cannot boot to the BIOS with the Hard Drive removed. The issue is with the System or Operating System and not the Hard Drive please read the article below for a guide on No Boot issues. The computer does not boot to Windows 10; If possible two way swap the Hard Drive with the Hard Drive from another identical system. Does the issue follow.

Just a shot in the dark here, but, have you tries to boot to a external USB hard drive? If you can get to the BIOS, change the boot order to boot to USB first.Assuming you have an OS on the drive. I don't really know where to find it, but if you can get PC Check onto a cd or DVD, then boot to that you can test all your hardware By default, your computer only boot from the first boot option. Bootable USB not showing up in boot menu. This is because your USB drive is old USB 1.0 or 2.0, which is not supported by Windows 10. You can't boot from USB in Windows 10, not even select the right boot option. In this case, the USB drive is likely to be damaged or corrupted

Enable the hard drive in BIOS. Restart your computer and press the BIOS key per your computer's instructions. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard and choose Integrated Peripherals, then hit Enter. Use the arrow keys to select USB Controller. Check if it's disabled, and change the option to Enabled Hi. I am doing a clean install of XP on my PC but bios wont recognize my CD/DVD (Pioneer) in the boot sequence so I cant reinstall windows. I have noticed that it does show up as my secondary. The > prompt on BIOS-based AMD64 and Intel 64 systems, accessed by highlighting an entry in the boot menu and pressing the Tab key. Unlike the boot: prompt, this prompt allows you to edit a predefined set of boot options. For example, if you highlight the entry labeled Test this media & install CentOS 7, a full set of options used by this menu entry will be displayed on the prompt, allowing. The USB-ZIP boot option may allow you to boot some larger capacity flash drives without drive geometry modification, if your flash drive is listed as a selectable hard drive, under boot priority. (Common on systems using an Award-Phoenix BIOS) Other Boot Tips: If your BIOS lists the USB memory stick as a hard drive, you should select it as the. Stopped booting from hard drive. When I try to boot from USB/CD-DVD I get the screen you have shown above. In Boot Set up no option to select IDE only AHCI, ATA and Legacy. When selecting ATA or Legacy get warning that it will mess up the set up. Have reset BIOS to default, run diagnostics on machine and all is good

Plug the AC Adapter into the computer if it is not already connected. Turn off the computer and wait 5 seconds. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS Setup menu. Use the Right Arrow or Left Arrow keys to navigate through the menu selection to find the Primary Hard Drive Self Test option If your system is set to boot UEFI only capable devices, it will not see the Basic DVD drive. To test, put a Windows 7 or Windows 8 DVD drive in the device BEFORE you boot and perhaps it will show up then. If it does, you may need to enable Legacy or UEFI boot devices in the CSM, depending on your Bios's configuration 1 - is the non-boot because the drive is dead, or the PC won't access the drive - BIOS changed to not use the drive's connection, or maybe the partition has had it's 'Active' status. There are many reasons that a computer does not startup or boot into the Windows operating system. If your computer will not start or boot, you will see or hear symptoms to indicate the general area of the problem. If you are not sure what the problem is, see Overview of How to Troubleshoot Problems When a Computer Does Not Start Up or Boot. If the USB boot option is not first in the boot order, your PC will start normally (i.e., boot from your hard drive) without even looking at any boot information that might be on your USB device. The BIOS on most computers lists the USB boot option as USB or Removable Devices, but some confusingly list it as a Hard Drive option, so be sure to.

Hard Drive Does Not Show Up In BIOS - PCTechByte

Just follow the steps below to enable Asus bios boot from USB or CD drive. Before boot up the Notebook, insert the USB disk or the CD-ROM drive. Step 1: Enter the BIOS configuration of the system. Press and hold the F2 button, then click the power button. DO NOT RELEASE the F2 button until the BIOS screen display. Step 2: Click Boot -> enter. Use Diskpart to clean the hard drive's formatting options: For BIOS/Legacy boot: While booted into WinPE, press F8 to launch command prompt; Run diskpart; Run list disk and identify which disk is the one to be imaged (usually Disk 0) Run select disk 0 (or whichever disk is appropriate) Run clean; Run convert mbr; Run create partition primar Method 2. Change boot order to boot from the cloned SSD. Wrong boot device could also cause the cloned disk won't boot. If there are more than one hard drive on your computer, you'd better get into BIOS and change the boot order to boot from the cloned SSD. Method 3. Repair Windows Startup from Windows R

UEFI BIOS and the Standard Legacy BIOS - Page 7 of 9 - PC

Open the Start menu and type disk management, and press Enter when the Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions option appears. Once Disk Management loads, scroll down to see if your disk appears. Some UEFI systems will not show the non-UEFI CSM boot option if a .efi boot file is present on the USB drive partition. Ensure there are two primary partitions in the partition table on the USB drive If it starts to boot to E2B but then hangs\crashes, try a USB 2.0 port or attach a USB 2.0 extension cable to force it to use USB 2. speeds Step 2. Show all hidden devices. If your Seagate portable hard drive won't show up, consider showing all hidden devices. Here's how: 1. Press the Windows button + R and then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. 2. Click on the View button and select Show hidden devices. Select to show the hidden devices Not configured properly in BIOS. If the BIOS is not properly set up, the computer may ignore or not look at the CD-ROM or DVD as a bootable option. Open BIOS setup and verify your boot sequence settings are properly set to boot from the CD-ROM drive. These settings are under the boot options. How to enter the BIOS or CMOS setup It will show any and all disks that can install Ubuntu. If two hard drives are available, they will show up here. If an SD card is plugged in, it will also show up. Partition Setup for Root / dir. Select the hard drive that you plan to use for the root file system, in this example it will be the 128GB SSD

Skipping HP bios splash screen - HP Support Forum - 279575

USB storage device not showing in boot menu

How to boot from USB Windows 10. 1. Alter the BIOS sequence on your PC so your USB device is first. In most instances, the BIOS will usually not be automatically set to your device. If you skip this step, your computer will start regularly from your hard drive instead of getting boot information from your USB device Check for the drive in the Disk Drives section. When you boot into Windows after installing the drive, you may see the New Hardware Found wizard pop up if the drive is detected. The last thing you. Then it's possible that your BIOS thinks that the Pendrive is connected as an external hard drive and because of that, now you'll need to put the hard drive on the first boot device priority and then change the other setting in different BIOS option called Hard Drive Priority, as shown in the picture given below There are actually a few things you can do to fix the new SSD not showing up on your machine. Unplug Other Drives From Your Computer. When your SSD is not showing up in BIOS and on the main operating system interface, the first thing you'll want to do is disconnect all other drives from your computer

UEFI boot sequence empty, hard drive not showing - Dell

Save, reboot, and go into the Motherboard BIOS. Reset the BIOS to UEFI boot mode. Save and reboot once more. Don't worry about checking the Boot Device tab or Boot Order in the UEFI RAID Configuration under UEFI Option ROM Control. The 4k Native RAID Volume won't show up there. Continue a normal boot to your DVD, USB flash drive, or PXE Server I have disabled secure boot in my BIOS, but even so the computer boots automatically on Windows without showing GRUB, and Windows boot manager is the only one detected by my BIOS in the boot manager. I do not have any option in my BIOS to trust/choose an EFI file, as is often pointed to in the forums I have checked For example, if you have a bootable Uefi USB media or Hard drive containing windows 10 operating system then this will boot under either Uefi or CSM modes but not legacy Bios. Similarly, if your USB media or hard drive is legacy based, such as Windows 7, it will boot under both legacy and CSM Bios options

Can't Get New 'Recognised' SSD to list in BIOS Boot Option

The NVMe drive is now registered as a bootable option ( not as a part of Windows Boot Manager ), but it still remains unbootable and the BIOS still cannot detect a drive in the m.2 slot. I updated. Expand to show all hard drive device options; In the future, your computer will first check the USB port for boot media when starting up. That won't be a problem, since the BIOS will move to the next device in the boot sequence unless you keep the boot media in the USB port. Confirm the BIOS boot sequence lists the USB drive first.

Windows 8 shows orange screen with white stripes on boot